Painting for Robert


Last Updated 9th October 2018

I have for at lest the last 20 years been painting for a good mate Robert.  He has been putting together the French Imperial Guard, II, III, IV and V Corps and the I, II and IV Cavalry Corps of Napoleon's army in Russia 1812. Last year he purchased enough Foundry Austrians to equip the Austrian Auxiliary Corps (I have not started any of these yet, he has asked the recently retired Geoff to paint some of them for him).
I will, as I go add pictures to this post (no new posts every time, just update this one) units completed.  I will take photos of others when he brings them to the club for games.

Below is the final Swiss regiment I am doing for Rob the 4th. The figures are MinFig as are the other 3 regiments (4 battalions each)

1/4th Swiss Regiment in French service

1/4th Swiss Regiment

1/4th Swiss Regiment

1/4th Swiss Regiment

1/4th Swiss Regiment


Spanish Militia Grenadiers (Front Rank, very nice figures to paint)
These two shots are of the French 6th Hussars (Robert's regiments are 18 figs strong) this is half the regiment. They are Minifigs, I do not think much of the quality of these ones, the moulds maybe getting a little tried and may need to be replaced.
French 6th Hussars



 Just finished (Feb 2012) Roberts Polish 14th Cuirassiers (Duchy of Warzaw).  These are Minifigs.  I had painted 6 of them some years ago then Robert purchased the command and 6 more troopers.  He gave me the 6 new figures plus the 6 older figures so I could match them.
I looked at the older ones and did not like what I was looking at (saddle furniture was wrong for a start), so I painted the 6 new ones and matched the old to the new, now they look right, see below.
Duchy of Warzaw 14th Cuirassiers



2nd battalion of the Spanish Guards. These are Front Rank. June 2012

The French 7th Cuirassiers.
This is half of the regiment.
These are Old Glory figures.



Cuirassiers (Old Glory)








Comments

Popular Posts